Well, it’s that time of year again when I use some of my vacation time to take a break from work and catch up on things that need attention in my life. One of these years, I’m going to take a real vacation and go somewhere far, far away. But for now, I’m using this time to have some adventures and get myself back into shape. Here’s my current plans for vacation, but I’m hoping to add to this list as I come up with more ideas and receive invites from friends to hang out (which never happens, but I like to pretend that I’m socially adept).
- Go to the gym every day. Track amount of time spent on each machine and track calories burnt (owning a Droid phone would make this SO much easier).
- Take walks in the park
- Buy a skate helmet, some wrist guards and elbow/knee pads and go rollerblading
- Maybe buy a bike and go for a bike ride in the park
- Go clothes shopping
- Get some work done on my leg
- Take a break from the computer (cut back to only an hour or two per day) in order to rest my wrist in hopes to slow the onset of carpal tunnel…which feels like it’s already upon me o.O
- Go to the zoo and aquarium
- Possibly go to the aviary as well
More to come (hopefully)
Fish in the pond at Round Hill Park. The water is incredibly shallow here, but yet this fish survives.